Shared Lives and supported lodgings

This page has technical information about two ways someone with a learning disability can live in someone else's family home.Shared Lives is the name for an arrangement where someone lives with a family and takes part in family life.

Supported lodgings is a bit different. The person with a learning disability lives in someone else's family home but does not take part in family life.

The information about Shared Lives and supported lodgings is too long to fit on this webpage. To get a document with full information, click on the link under Downloads at the bottom of this page.
Go to top

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
Learning Disability England
Birmingham Research Park
97 Vincent Drive
Birmingham, B15 2SQ, England
Tel. 0300 2010455
Learning Disability England
Registered company: 4233275
Registered Charity No. 1092587