Supported housing

This page tells you about shared housing with support.Supported housing - sometimes called a group home - is usually shared housing. But it can be individual flats.

Some important things about supported housing:

  • You are a tenant and pay rent.
  • Your support and care is paid for and sometimes provided separately.
  • You receive all of your welfare benefits so you have more of your own money than you would in residential care.
  • The staffing is dependent on the needs of the people who live there and could be 24 hours a day or a few hours a week.
  • You have to share the responsibilities with housemates like cooking, cleaning and paying the bills.

You can find supported housing by asking your council's social services and Supporting People departments.
Go to top

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
Learning Disability England
Birmingham Research Park
97 Vincent Drive
Birmingham, B15 2SQ, England
Tel. 0300 2010455
Learning Disability England
Registered company: 4233275
Registered Charity No. 1092587